Spring is a season of new beginnings and is a perfect opportunity to reflect on any changes - big or small - we would like to make in our lives. With summer just around the corner a lot of us busy women have weight loss on our minds. What are you doing about your weight loss in the lead up to summer?
We all know that it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind. Imagine if all you had to do to lose weight and change your shape was change your mind. Before you begin the practical journey of losing weight it could be a good idea to create some healthy foundations around your thinking.
Here are 5 strategies to support you create a healthy attitude and mindset that will ensure your long term weight loss success.
1. Make a decision. Decide you want to create a healthy way of life for the long-term rather than embark on a fad diet. Make decisions about how many kilos you want to lose, how much exercise you want to incorporate, how you want to change your eating habits.
2. Make it compelling. Think about what it will cost you if you don't make these changes - if you don't lose weight, if you don't exercise, if you don't eat healthy. What will it cost you emotionally, physiologically, psychologically, financially? Think about what you will gain from making these changes.
3. Make it a must. List all the reasons why you must create a healthy lifestyle for the long-term. Decide it is a must not 'maybe' or a 'should'. Make a list of reasons why it is a must for - it will give you good reasons to stay on track.
4. Make it real. Schedule time to work on your health and fitness goals. If you make time to focus on it in your diary it becomes a priority for you and an appointment that must be kept like any other. If you are too busy to schedule the time in it's either an excuse or losing weight is simply not a must for you.
5. Take action. Begin with the end in mind. Set goals around weight loss, exercise and eating. Start by setting small daily and weekly goals to get you on your way to meeting your long-term goals. Before you get on with the next part of your busy life commit to taking at least one action in the next 24-48 hours. What is the first step you will take?Danielle Ferris, Director, ShapeShifters
ShapeShifters offer inspiration and support to women all around Australia by delivering proven, successful weight loss and life coaching programs. Contact us now to discuss how you can get started and change your life for as little as $25 er week. Book your first session NOW and it's free. Visit www.healthyandhappy.com.au