Enough is Enough Ready to Leave

Q. I have been with my husband for 12 years now. I have put up with a lot from him and his two older sons. I have come to the end and want to leave. I love him but cannot put up with anymore abuse from him. What should I do?

A. I wish you had furnished some detail of the abuse but regardless, if you have made up your mind and truly believe that counselling/talking wouldn't help, then do the following - check with a legal aid service about your financial position, separation laws etc then contact your local womens health service as they will have complete information about your options re. accommodation, money, safety etc.

Once you have a clear picture, pick the arrangement that suits you and act quickly. It won't be easy but I hope it all works out for you then you can find some peace and start living a happy life again.

Body Talk Column is hosted by Charmaine Saunders. www.charmainesaunders.comSend your requests to femail@femail.com.au attention Charmaine.