Meet Lee "Lemon" Tevena, Vocals and guitar of Aussie sensation FROST.Interview:
60 Second Quiz
- How did it feel to hear your song played all over the airwaves?
Surreal and a real buzz!
- Did you have any pre-conceived ideas about the music industry?
Yes I did when I was younger. But I think that life is what you make it anyway. I am one of the lucky ones, I know what I love doing in life. I know alot of people that don't.
- Do you write your own songs?
What's your inspiration? Yes I do write my own stuff. Just about everything. I have a very big CD collection that I'm always listening to. I just love to listen to music and as soon as I hear something that makes me go wow! I have to pickup the guitar or go to the piano and start writing.
- What music/artists do you listen to when you are not playing your own?
To much to really say. I have so many CDs from really heavy stuff to Jazz, folk and classical stuff.
- What's next? Tour/Album/Single?
I've made a proposal to some friends of mine and hopefully the band will be back in the studio recording an EP or something.
- Was there a moment you contemplated throwing in the towel?
- Do you prefer performing live or recording?
A great gig is better then great sex. I also love to record, it has a really fantastic vibe about it. Everyone is really vibed and excited about the final result. That question is a 'toughie', I really don't know?
- What/who was your inspiration to go into the music industry?
I think it was more of an environmental thing. Most of the kids at my high school were playing in rock bands and it was the cool thing to do. I also had to choose between guitar lessons or extra Math's classes.
- What is the biggest challenge you have faced along the way to your musical success?
A band I was in, that at the time meant everything to me. It fell apart I had to start from scratch. I was only the guitarist and backup singer. So to front my own band for the first time in my career was a very big step for me.
- What's a typical day like?
Very busy. I'm a busy Man.
- What has been your favorite part of becoming a music artist?
The great people you met in the journey that you normally would most likely not.
- If you could collaborate with another artist, who would it be?
Paul McCartney, Kylie Minogue, Madonna etc...
- Are you single? What do you look for in a partner?
Yes I am single, are you interested? I look for a girl with a great humor, supportive and switched on.
- Do you have a website fans can visit?
- Can you tell us 5 things required for a happy healthy & enjoyable life?
Are... the secret to success. - 1. Be true to your self. 2. Follow your dreams, coz they always lead you in the right direction. 3. Be your word. 4. Have integrity. 5. Know that you are 100% responsible for your own life and the choices you make.
I think those 5 things are a good start?
- What message would you like to say to your fans? Do I have any?
You can request Frost's song, "You and Me" on Nova 100 (Melbourne) by e-mail: email@example.com or SMS: 0419 999 100.
- Full Name: Lee Trevena
- Nickname(s): Lemon
- Star Sign: Sagittarius
- Favorite Food: Pasta or Mexican
- Favorite Film: Starwars Trilogy/ Karate Kid
- Favorite Actor: Gene Hackman, Denzel Washington, Bruce Willis etc...
- Pet: 1 dog called, Shari
- Describe yourself in 3 words: 'Very Very Good looking'.
- Best Feature: eyes & smile
- Worst Feature: Nostril hairs can sometimes dangle out.
- Person You Would Most Like to Meet: The Mother of my children or Paul McCartney.
- Hobbies/Interests: Songwriting, Music, Movies, Food, Guitar, Piano, hanging out with friends.
- First Job: Victoria Gamming Commission.
- Are you a Pub, Bar or Club kind: a little bit of everything in moderation.
- What Can You Never Leave Home Without: My clothes
- What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning: How much I need to go to the toilet.