Australian actors are hot right now, so who is the next rising star to come from Australia, could it be an aspiring actor by the name of Joanne Rose?
Joanne was born on June 21, to Parents, Loraine and Michael in Victoria, Australia. She is the eldest child of two children. Her younger brother is named Scott.
Joanne began her career as a Model at the age of 16. Within a year she was nominated by Elite Model Management in New York to enter their annual "Look Of The Year" contest in Australia. A couple of years later she was an entrant in the Miss Australia Award.
Joanne later ventured into acting, having moved to Los Angeles and seeking out an agent. She began living between Australia and the USA for career opportunities. She has lived in Florida, Hawaii and California, travelling almost anywhere to make a name for herself. "I'm very motivated, very career oriented and very ambitious. I have always admired the American attitude toward success".
Her ambition is to work in film and television, music videos, commercials (worldwide), establish a name for herself within the USA, promote veganism, animal liberation, write vegan books and attend related events.
To date, Joanne has appeared in various films and TV and more recently, live theatre in which she performed in the musical, A Chorus Of Disapproval, playing the role of Linda Washbrook.
Joanne has had roles on Neighbors, Grundy Productions, Blue Heelers and many more TV, Film, Video both documentary and music, theatre and commercials.Interview:
60 Second Quiz
- Where did you grow up?
I grew up in a beach suburb in Melbourne.
- How old where you? and how did you get into acting?
I was 19 when I got the acting bug. I was on a vacation in the USA and during my visit in California, I became interested in acting. Prior to that I had been modeling in Australia.
- What is the best part of your job?
Being able to step outside yourself by becoming another character.
- What is a normal day on set like?
Alot of hard work. Rehearsing, waiting around.
- What is the biggest challenge you have faced along the way to your theatrical success?
Performing infront of a live audience and stepping in to a musical production.
- Who would you most like to act with? why?
I would love to act with Jesse Bradford. He is an amazing and extremely talented actor. You could say I have a crush on him too :-)
- What does the future hold for Joanne Rose?
To establish myself as an Actor in the USA. I am relocating to Los Angeles in a few months.
- Full Name: Joanne Michelle Rose
- Nickname(s): Joey, Jo, Jo-Jo
- Star Sign: Gemini
- Favorite Food: Chinese food (Vegan)
- Favorite Film: Stand By Me
- Favorite Director: Steven Speilberg
- Pet: None at present
- Describe yourself in 3 words: Ambitious, Single, Vegan
- Best Feature: Face
- Worst Feature: None
- Person You Would Most Like to Meet: Madonna
- Hobbies/Interests: Traveling, movies, music, shopping
- First Job: Waitress
- Are you a Pub, Bar or Club kind: None of them
- What Can You Never Leave Home Without: Bottle of water
- What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning: Coffee!!!
You can learn more about Joanne Rose at her website. www.joannerose.com