Have you got that Fimbling Feeling?The hottest new toys in the United Kingdom are bringing that Fimbling Feeling to Australian shores! International children's toy specialist, Fisher-PriceTM has announced the Australian launch of the FimblesTM - super soft, colourful and super-huggable plush toys from the BBC's hit television series of the same name.
After a phenomenal launch in the United Kingdom in October last year, FimblesTM
sales soared to extraordinary levels with almost a quarter of a million units sold and a near sellout of the FimblesTM
beanies within weeks of their release.
Momentum built throughout the holiday season, with all three characters - Fimbo, Florrie & Baby Pom, listed on the 2002 UK top ten Christmas best sellers list. In December alone FimblesTM
had four plush items in the UK market value top 10 and Baby Pom achieved the title of best selling plush.
Local industry leaders suggest that this success will be repeated in the Australian market and that FimblesTM
will be the best selling toys for 2003.
The three main FimblesTM
plush characters - Fimbo, Florrie and Baby Pom are all covered with brightly coloured stripes, have long cuddly noses and super soft fur. They are also completely safe for children and babies aged 0+.
believes the commitment to quality play and learning, combined with the magic and educational value of the FimblesTM
, makes the partnership with the BBC program one of shared values and vision.
The Fimbles television show encourages preschoolers to embark on a journey of discovery and the FimblesTM
plush toy continues that journey in the home and in play.
plush toys are available in two sizes; Small Soft n' Cuddly beanies at an ARP (approximate retail price) of $14.95, and the large plush at $34.95.
Fimbles™ plush products come with the Fisher-PriceTM
quality seal of approval and are available at all leading toy retailers and department stores. For stockist information please call 1300 135 312
or visit www.fisherprice.com/au
air nationally at 9am weekdays on ABC TV. FimblesTM Fact Sheet
Fimbles (Fim-bulls)n:- Stripy, cuddly creatures that are rarely seen. Unconfirmed sightings continue to be reported, principally by young children. Main characteristics: inquisitive, colourful, super soft and cuddly, huggable and playful. Have a special talent for finding things.
- Fisher-Price is releasing the new super soft, huggable plush range, FimblesTM, from the hit ABC television series of the same name.
- There are three main characters in the range, Fimbo, Florrie and Baby Pom
- The FimblesTM have had huge success in the UK with all three characters making the 2002 UK top ten Christmas best sellers list.
- All 3 characters of FimblesTM beanies in the UK almost completely sold out a few weeks after they were launched, with almost a quarter of a million units sold.
- For December 2002, FimblesTM had four plush items in the UK market value top 10 - Baby Pom achieved the title of best selling plush!
- Each Fimble is available in two sizes:
- 'Soft n Cuddly Friends' - ARP $14.95, and
- 'Large Plush' ARP $34.95
- The plush toys are completely safe for children as young as newborn
- FimblesTM will be available in ABC stores nationally from 1 April and all leading toy retailers nationally beginning 1 May 2003
- The FimblesTM airs 9am weekdays on ABC TV.