Not Just A Shave Cream, by Australian sustainable skin care brand Rinascentia, is a high performing formulation that replaces pre-shave, shave, after shave creams and lotions, and doubles as a moisturiser.
However, men are most likely to love the product because it actively works to prevent redness and rash.
Not Just A Shave Cream is the first in Rinascentia's new men's range, The 1 4 Men, and was announced a finalist in the 2021 Clean + Conscious Awards the week of its release.
Packed with anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatories, and anti-irritants, Not Just A Shave Cream's hero active ingredients include the powerful Australian natives quandong, gotu kola and kangaroo paw. A no-rinse formula means any excess lotion when finished should simply be rubbed into the skin for extra hydration, making shaving quick and easy.
Rinascentia's founder, Rina , created Not Just a Shave Cream for her partner, who would experience severe redness, razor burn and rashes after shaving
"I wanted to achieve a product that would actually protect and nourish the skin while shaving," Rina said.
"The end result is a silky formula that strengthens the skin's barrier function, boosts its immunity and helps prevent future irritation and redness. The skin looks and feels healthier, brighter and rejuvenated. It also makes it that little bit easier for men who don't typically use a moisturiser to inadvertently look after their skin. Let's face it – most men want to look good too.
"Not Just a Shave Cream was created with the brand's ethos of gentle, all-natural, restorative formulas that work and are hard-working, and made from sustainably sourced ingredients."
Former award-winning products by Rinascentia that have been announced again as this year's Clean + Conscious finalists are: Divine Oleum With Coenzyme Q10 + Chamomile, Terra Illuminum Illuminating Cleansing Mud + Vitamin C, Hydrating Rose Sea Mineral Spray, Orchard Of Youth, Vitamin C + Collagen Serum, and, what is one of the brand's most recognisable products, the Plane Jane Hydrating Serum.
The Clean + Conscious Awards (formerly the Australian Non-Toxic Awards), recognise exceptional products that are safe, ethical, sustainable and responsible.
The science behind Not Just A Shave Cream
• Quandong is high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory, Vitamin C, Rutin and Phenolic Acids and is suitable for even sensitive skin.
• Gotu Kola speeds up the skin's healing process with its amino acids, beta carotene, fatty acids and phytochemicals.
• Kangaroo Paw is rich in ferulic acid, a potent antioxidant that has a brightening and anti-aging effect and has the ability to help skin reduce dark spots and regenerate itself. It has a high concentration of linoleic acid to help strengthen the skin's barrier. It also boosts collagen production and elastin synthesis, making the complexion look healthier, hydrated and rejuvenated.
• Bisabobol and Beta Glucan are added to help as an anti-irritant and moisturising active with its skin-soothing and healing properties.
• Niacinimide B3 helps strengthen weakened or sensitive skin, boosts the skin's immunity, protecting and creating healthier skin. Daily application of Niacinimide also helps reduce redness, blotchiness.
• Aloe Vera has been added to keep cool and soothe the skin.
Rinascentia's commitment to sustainability
• All natural ingredients sourced from local, sustainable suppliers
• Not tested on animals
• Packaging carefully selected for its re-usable and recyclable properties. Sydney customers encouraged to bring bottles into salon for refill
• Made in Sydney, Australia