When you have crooked or chipped teeth, the very first thing that comes in the mind is orthodontic treatment. In some cases, it is true, but there are certain situations where you have other treatment options to correct your crooked or chipped teeth. It completely depends on the degree of misalignment that requires to be physically corrected by moving your teeth to the desired position.
The other best treatment option than orthodontics for correcting the appearance of crooked or chipped teeth is porcelain veneers. It is a cosmetic procedure which is widely preferred by the people to improve their smile.
Are you living in Melbourne and looking for the best cosmetic treatment to correct your crooked or chipped teeth? You can go for porcelain veneers Melbourne treatment.
One of the important aspects of porcelain veneer treatment is that this procedure gives attention to the overall shape and size of your teeth. In order to correct overlapped teeth or misaligned teeth, it requires covering more than one tooth. It helps in giving a perfect size, width, and shape to each tooth at the end of the veneers' process.
At one side where porcelain veneers Melbourne is used to correcting some degree of teeth misalignment, it does not mean that the procedure also includes the matching of veneers colour to the existing shade of enamel.
Many people choose to go for a teeth whitening procedure before undergoing a porcelain veneers procedure. It helps in giving the natural colour to the veneers and enamel and enhances the appearance of your smile. Also, porcelain becomes dull with time, so you need to practice good oral hygiene to increase its life.
When you have crooked, chipped or any other issue in your smile, it brings a great impact on your overall facial look. It is so because when you smile, more teeth are shown. So, undergoing a cosmetic procedure like porcelain veneers Melbourne helps in getting rid of crooked or chipped teeth and give proper shape and size to your teeth. Hence, it changes your facial appearance for the better.
Porcelain veneers Melbourne treatment is not just used for correcting crooked, chipped, or misaligned teeth. It is also one of the preferred go-to treatments for people who want to get the best smile. When this procedure hides your misalignment, you will get various other benefits as well. Removing stains is another benefit of undergoing porcelain veneers treatment.
If a smile makeover with porcelain veneers is on your to-do list, so instead of waiting more, you must consult a cosmetic dentist in Melbourne as soon as possible. Simply enhance the attractiveness of your teeth with the best dental solution.
But, do you know that like other cosmetic procedures, porcelain veneers Melbourne too require maintenance to enjoy the results for a longer time?
Let's get some important tips that can help you increase the lifespan of your veneers.
• To maintain the effectiveness of porcelain veneers, it is very important to take care of your mouth, just like you do after undergoing other cosmetic treatments. Regular brushing and flossing help a lot in preventing the development of plaque around the veneers. You must make flossing your regular habit as it works effectively in protecting your veneers from gum disease. Brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing once a day is highly recommended for maintaining your teeth.
• Make sure to use effective and proper instruments for oral care. Always use a toothbrush with soft bristles and avoid using abrasive toothpaste on veneers as it can make scratches on the veneers and give an invitation to the bacteria buildup. You are advised to use fluoride-containing toothpaste for daily use.
• If you want to wear a mouthguard, simply discuss your thoughts or needs with your cosmetic dentist. Mouthguards work great in protecting your porcelain veneers and natural teeth as well during sports activities. If you are dealing with teeth grinding issues, a mouthguard is quite beneficial for you.
• Avoid smoking and stain-causing foods and beverages. Smoking can increase the risk of gum disease and can also result in stains on the veneers and your natural teeth. Also, certain foods and beverages like berries, coffee, and sodas are not good for veneers and can cause discolouration.
• Take out some time from your busy schedule to visit your cosmetic dentist regularly. A regular dentist visit, twice a year, is not only important for veneers but is also beneficial for overall dental health. The dentist assesses the veneers during routine checkups and also performs cleaning as a part of the oral care routine.
Porcelain veneers Melbourne is an investment into your smile that lasts for many years. But, if you want to enjoy this smile for longer, these tips will help you in this regard. With appropriate care, you can prolong the life of your veneers.