PREP TIME 20 minutes + chilling COOKING TIME 15 minutes
175g dark chocolate, chopped
4 egg whites
2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
300g mixed fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
100g reduced fat ricotta
250mi reduced fat vanilla custard
NUTRIENTS per serve
- Put the chocolate in an ovenproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl does not come in contact with the water and that no water touches the chocolate. Stir over a low heat until the chocolate melts then set aside to cool slightly.
- Put the gelatine and 60ml water into a small pot and stir over a low heat until the gelatine dissolves and the liquid is clear. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Beat the ricotta and custard together until smooth. Press through a sieve to remove any lumps.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold through the ricotta mixture
- Fold the gelatine and chocolate into the ricotta mix. Spoon the mousse into six 125mi capacity ramekins or mugs, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Serve with mixed fresh berries. Serves 6
Total fat: 10.0g
Saturated fat: 5.6g
Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
Related Link:Vegetable Lasagna Stacks with PestoWarm Potato and Salmon SaladA Cookbook With A Difference
Brought to you by The Heart Foundation.
More tasty, healthy recipes are available in The Deliciously Healthy Cookbook on: 1300 36 27 87 or www.heartfoundation.com.au.
All proceeds from cookbook sales go towards the Heart Foundation's life-saving research and prevention programs.