PREP TIME 40 minutes COOKING TIME 5 minutesPesto
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1 cup fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
375g fresh lasagna sheets
50g baby spinach leaves
4 large vine ripened tomatoes, cut into thick slices
6 large bocconcini, cut into thick slices
8 fresh basil leaves
NUTRIENTS per serve
- To make the pesto Put the garlic, pine nuts, basil leaves and parmesan in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped.
- With the motor running, gradually add the oil and process until the mixture becomes a smooth paste.
- Cut the lasagna sheets into twelve 8cm squares. Cook in a large pot of rapidly boiling water until al dente (cooked, but still with a bite to them). Drain well.
- Put one sheet in the centre of each plate, top each with a couple of spinach leaves, a slice each of tomato and bocconcini, a fresh basil leaf and a spoonful of pesto.
- Top with another sheet of lasagna and layer as before, finishing with a layer of lasagna. Each stack should have two complete layers.
- Place a generous spoonful of pesto on top of each stack and serve immediately. Serves 4
Total fat: 27.0g
Saturated fat: 7.6g
Monounsaturated fat: 12.0g
Polyunsaturated fat: 5.6g
Related Link:Warm Potato and Salmon SaladChocolate Mousse with Fresh BerriesA Cookbook With A Difference
Brought to you by The Heart Foundation.
More tasty, healthy recipes are available in The Deliciously Healthy Cookbook on: 1300 36 27 87 or www.heartfoundation.com.au.
All proceeds from cookbook sales go towards the Heart Foundation's life-saving research and prevention programs.