250g plain sweet biscuits
125g butter, melted Filling
500g cream cheese, at room temperature
165g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
½ lemon rind, finely grated, juiced
4 eggs separated
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Brush a 20cm springform pan with melted butter.
2. To make the base, place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Transfer to the pan and use the back of a spoon to spread evenly over the base and 2/3 the way up the sides. Place in the fridge until required.
3. To make the filling, use electric beaters to beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence in a medium bowl until the mixture is creamy. Add the lemon rind, lemon juice, egg yolks and cream. Beat until well combined and the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Use clean electric beaters or a balloon whisk to whisk the egg whites in a medium bowl until peaks form. Add to the cream cheese mixture and use a large metal spoon to fold until just combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until just set in the centre. Remove from the oven to cool completely.
6. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight to firm. Remove 30 minutes before serving. Cut into slices and dust with icing sugar to serve.CSR SMART Lemon Soufflé Baked Cheesecake
Serves 10 -12Base
150g plain sweet biscuits
65g reduced fat margarine, meltedFilling
500g ricotta cheese
½ cup CSR SMART
¼ cup cornflour sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
½ lemon, juice and finely grated zest
4 eggs, separated
½ cup light sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C conventional or 160°C fan forced
2. Place biscuits in food processor and process until finely crushed. Add margarine and process until well combined. Press into the base of a lightly greased 20cm springform pan.
3. Place ricotta into food processor and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Add CSR SMART, cornflour, baking powder, lemon juice, lemon zest, egg yolks and sour cream. Process for a further 30 seconds. In a separate bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites through ricotta mixture.
4. Pour on top of biscuit crumb. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top. Centre will still appear slightly runny when hot, but will set on cooling. Cool in oven.
Tip: Buy a wedge of ricotta from the delicatessen. This is firmer than smooth ricotta in the tub.Pistachio and Apricot ShortbreadsPassionfruit Semi FreddoIndividual Smart Christmas CakesRaspberry Panna Cotta
for the full product range and great recipe ideas.