A recipe from Nourishingly Delicious
"These are so delicious you couldn't stop at one if you tried. The texture is crumbly yet soft tastes like Nutella mixed with a Ferrero Rocher only much healthier. The Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond milk adds a beautiful creamy texture to the chocolate ganache keeping it vegan," Tracey Anderson.
1 1/2 Cup - 2 Cups Hazelnut meal
1/2 Cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla extract
4 Tbsp Cacao
100 grams Melted Vegan Dark Chocolate
3 Tsp Chia seeds
2-3 Tsp Cacao nibs
3-4 Tsp Almonds ground
3- 4 Tsp Coconut oil
1. To make the chocolate ganache, fill a pot with water halfway and bring to the boil on medium heat.
2. Add a bowl on top, place dark chocolate in the bowl and melt mix together until the chocolate is completely dissolved.
3. Add in the unsweetened almond milk. Set aside to cool a bit.
4. Add Hazelnut meal to a bowl along with the coconut oil, vanilla, cacao, melted dark chocolate and almond milk mix (ganache) and chia seeds. Mix together well until the mixture comes together.
5. Add in some cacao nibs for extra crunch!
6. If the mix is still on the dry side add some extra Califia almond milk and if it's on the wet side add more hazelnut meal. Adjust accordingly!
7. Roll the mixture into balls and add extra melted dark chocolate on top of the balls then sprinkle with cacao nibs or ground almond to decorate.
8. Set in the freezer for 15 minutes – enjoy!
Tracey Anderson is a food photographer, stylist and recipe creator based in Western Australia. Follow her Instagram here: @nourishinglydelicious
For more details on Califia Farms visit: califiafarms.com.au