A recipe from Wellness In Real Life & Califia Farms
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
2cm ginger, roughly chopped
½ tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
1 block of firm tofu (drain liquid, cover in paper towel and press for about 10mins between the bench and a heavy book to remove any excess liquid)
1 ¼ cups of passata
2 cups of Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
¼ butternut pumpkin, diced with skin off
¼ cauliflower, chopped into small sections
2 cinnamon sticks
1 red chilli, roughly chopped
½ cup coriander, finely chopped
2 cups of brown rice, cooked according to packet
4 naan bread
1 cup coconut yoghurt
¼ cucumber, finely diced
1. Place all of the curry paste ingredients into a food processor and process until relatively smooth. You might need to add a dash of olive oil if the ingredients aren't coming together.
2. Heat the oil in the saucepan, add the curry paste, cook stirring until fragrant. Add the passata, Califia's Unsweetened Almond Milk, pumpkin, cauliflower, cinnamon and chilli.
3. Reduce the heat to low/medium and cook for around 25-30 mins.
4. Meanwhile cook the rice and tofu. Slice the tofu into cubes, heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat and fry the tofu until crispy on all sides! Remove and set aside on paper towel.
5. Mix together the riata ingredients and place into a small bowl, heat the naan according to the pack instructions and cook the rice.
6. When ready to serve place rice, curry and tofu on top. Garnish with riata and coriander and eat with your naan.
"Califia's almond milk gives this curry an EPIC nuttiness and a smooth and creamy texture," says Alicia and Bree.
Recipe by Califia Farms and @wellness.in.real.life