1 (400g) can chickpeas,drained and rinsed (about 1 1/2 cups cooked)
1 ripe avocado, pitted
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons fresh minced dill (optional)
8 slices wholegrain or protein bread
1. If using canned chickpeas, rinse and drain them well. Set them aside.
2. In the Kenwood bowl, add the avocado, chickpeas, mustard, lemon juice, and salt.
3. Use the Kenwood MultiPro Go pulse function to blend together - smoother if you're trying to hide the chickpeas from the kids!
4. Add the fresh dill, if using, and adjust any seasoning to taste.
5. Between two slices of wholemeal bread per person, spread the avocado smash, top with ¼ of the drained tuna, and enjoy
Leftover chickpea mash can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. It will brown slightly over time, because of the avocado, but it still tastes good!