'When I started the company I had one product, Amazing Base, and with it launched the whole new category of mineral makeup. We are celebrating this milestone with new innovations and will continue to deliver personal, uplifting beauty that is as good for the skin as it is beautiful to wear. I know the next 20 years will be even more incredible than the last!" - Jane
Amazing Base: The Start of Something Big!
The very first product developed and sold by Jane. Amazing Base® Loose Mineral
Powder Is a micronised mineral foundation, powder, concealer and sunscreen (SPF
20) all in one. Because of the concentrated pigment, it provides exceptional coverage
and can be used effectively to camouflage skin imperfections.
The high water resistant rating combined with the active ingredients titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, mean the mineral particles will act as tiny mirrors on the skin to reflect the damaging rays that are responsible for 80% of the signs of ageing. Amazing Base
also has anti-inflammatory properties and is especially helpful for acne and rosaceaprone
skins. For best application, use the jane iredale Chisel Powder Brush, and remember less is more!
From then until now: The jane iredale Journey
1994: jane iredale mineral makeup is introduced to the aesthetic industry. Founded
by President Jane Iredale, this was the first line of makeup that boasted skincare benefits. Inspired by her work in theatre and film, she saw models and actresses struggle with the ill-effects of the many kinds of makeup they wore. She was inspired to develop products that were good for the skin, helping women whose careers were dependent on a clear complexion and developing a product that made achieving this simple – Amazing Base was born!
1995: A colourful welcome – blush and lipstick are added to the product line.
1997: PurePressed Base is launched - combining revolutionary technology that
gives the user weightless coverage in a compact without the use of fillers.
2000: Headquarters relocates to Great Barrington, MA.
2001: The first international distribution partners are established – Taiwan and Canada.
2003: Margifox Distributors is appointed as the new Agent for Australia. Liquid Minerals, a category first, is sent to market – combining anti-ageing benefits with the soft-focus effects of minerals.
2004: Disappear – a creamy concealer packed with pigments to cover tattoos, scars, veins and acne breakouts while providing antioxidant benefits to the skin is launched.
2005: Moonglow is welcomed – a stunning quad of golden based shades that can be used on cheeks, lips and as an all over bronzer. It quickly rose to the ranks of 'bestseller' and 'beauty favourite'.
2007: Sweet beginnings – the Sugar & Butter Lip Duo is created to exfoliate, plump, condition and revitalise lips.
2008: Jane introduces a dual-purpose mascara formula which uses sea minerals to condition lashes to grow to their fullest potential and cellulose fibres to coat individual lashes, making them appear richer and fuller.
2010: Lip Fixations are born - with a highly pigmented lip stain at one end and chic gloss at the other – what more could you want!
2011: Tantasia is launched - a moisturising bronzer and self-tanner for face and body – and it's totally customisable too – developing with your skin to reveal a glowing natural looking tan.
2012: jane iredale Australia launch their website complete with youtube how-to videos,
ingredient lists and step-by-step makeup looks. Multi-tasking was a buzz word this year with two new product launches – Smooth Affair and Glow Time work together to prep and prime as well and provide unsurpassed coverage and an effective broad spectrum sunscreen.
2013: ECOCERT Certification: The entire Hydration Sprays range was awarded the globally recognised and independently awarded ECOCERT certification, recognising the use of ingredients derived from renewable resources and organic farming, a production and manufacture process which is environmentally sound and safe and the use of green chemicals.
Awarded by the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC) the Leaping Bunny Certification was awarded to jane iredale Mineral Makeup's entire range for commitment to cruelty-free practices including unnecessary use of animals for cosmetics testing
2014: jane iredale turns 20 and celebrates two decades of enhancing the lives of women! With distribution rooted in medical clinics, top spas and salons, jane iredale has flourished with expansion into 43 countries and a full line of more than 400 items, all grounded in the principle of providing skin care benefits.
20 jane iredale Facts
1. Did you know that Jane Iredale is a real person?
2. The jane iredale headquarters are based in Great Barrington, Massachusetts -
voted #1 small town in the US by Smithsonian Magazine in 2012.
3. For 20 years, mineral makeup pioneer, Jane Iredale, has been creating quality products that adhere to the highest standard of integrity for her eponymous makeup line, jane iredale.
4. Motivated and committed, her inspiration came from her career as a casting director
and producer. She worked with actresses and models that depended on radiant
healthy skin for successful careers.
5. This year the Head Quarters will nearly double in size with the opening of a new global
head quarters that is Gold LEED-certified, complete with rain gardens.
6. Jane is committed to making products environmentally friendly; the hydration sprays are now certified natural and organic by ECOCERT.
7. Jane incorporates pharmaceutical grade and certified organic (where available)
botanical and antioxidants to ensure the highest quality of ingredients for each product.
8. The jane iredale product packaging is BPA and Phthalate free; and the outer
packaging is made from fully recyclable paper from a renewable source and the ink
used for printing is natural tree rosin resin and vegetable oils – reducing overall
9. Jane's mother Tess, assembles the Magic Mitts by hand – she's 100 years-old!
10. Small things really can change lives: a foundation, a brush and a spray. They seem simple and yet they make us feel beautiful, cover up things we don't want seen, protect us from the sun, and give us confidence to face the world.
11. Plastic Surgeons were the first to recognise the benefits of the mineral foundations and were confident enough to use them on skin that had just undergone laser resurfacing.
12. Our ingredients and our products are cruelty-free. We wear the Leaping Bunny logo with pride on all of our packaging. A commitment to no animal testing has always been at the core of the jane iredale brand.
13. We proudly own the phrase THE SKIN CARE MAKEUP - Makeup that cares for the skin
has been the foundation of our line from the start.
14. The jane iredale line offers a wide range of vegan friendly makeup products and a
website that makes it easy to chose vegan, with information included on each product
15. With colours ranging from flattering neutrals to the most daring brights and finishes from candlelit shimmer to dewy, glossy, creamy and matte, we have everything a heart desires for cheek, lip and eye.
16. In Australia, jane iredale is distributed by Margifox Distributors; based in Noosa,
Queensland and owned and managed by another female business pioneer – Margi Fox
17. Golden Glow PurePressed Powder, Glow Time BB Cream #7 and D2O Hydration Spray were the top selling products in Australia for 2013 and continue to lead the way in 2014.
18. 2013 marked the 10th anniversary of Margifox Distributors and jane iredale's partnership in Oz!
19. Making beauty easy, many of our products are multi-purpose. From the Sugar&Butter Lip Exfoliator/Plumper that will exfoliate and nourish lips; the mascara that can be used on the skin as eyeliner to the InTouch Cream Blush collection that can be used on the apple of your cheeks, your lips and even your eyelids! By eliminating nasty ingredients, Jane has made the range so safe, that It can be applied anywhere on the face.
20. You can find us in 43 countries worldwide… and counting!
Founder and president, Jane Iredale, worked with world-renowned plastic surgeons and
dermatologists in the development of the line because she believes makeup should be as
good for the skin as it is aesthetically pleasing. Our -skin care first' approach to beauty has changed the face of makeup as we know it today and has made us the leading choice of the world's foremost skin care professionals and makeup artists.
jane iredale - THE SKIN CARE MAKEUP® is available through selected destination
salons, spas and medical practitioners
For stockist information please call 1300 850 008 or visit janeiredale.com.au