Choosing to pursue a career in beauty is an exciting pathway, particularly if you're thinking about getting a formal beauty qualification. Formal training with a trusted beauty school or academy can open up plenty of opportunities - but it's also a significant financial investment. For many people thinking about enrolling in a beauty course, the potential costs involved can be a major concern.
Thankfully, there are plenty of options available to help you pay your tuition fees, including government assistance and funding for eligible students. To explain what each of these options are and whether you could be eligible, we've teamed up with Demi International, a leading beauty school in Queensland. Read on to learn everything you need to know about government funding and VET loan eligibility.
How much does a beauty course cost?
The cost will vary depending on the specific beauty course that you enrol in. Similarly, your payment options will also vary depending on the course you choose and the length of the course. At Demi International, your course fees will include:
● All your learning resources
● Products and equipment for training and assessment
● Access to student support services and learning support
● Access to industry experience and advice via the in-house salon
You will also be required to pay an upfront incidentals fee when you first enrol. This fee covers:
● Uniform, textbook, and Learning Management System (LMS) access
● Administration fees and access to an online approved Literacy and Numeracy test if required
What are my payment options?
Government funding is available for eligible students through the Certificate III Guarantee program and Higher Level Skills pathway. If you enrol in a government funded beauty course, the government will pay for a portion of the tuition fees for your qualification. The exact amount that you receive will vary depending on whether you are a concession cardholder or non-concessional, and you must meet certain eligibility criteria.
If you're interested in completing a Diploma of Beauty Therapy or Certificate III in Beauty Services, in order to be eligible for government funding to study beauty in Queensland, you must:
● Be a Queensland resident aged 15 years or over, who is no longer at school
● Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
● Not have, or be enrolled in, a Certificate IV or higher level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training
VET Student Loans
Another option for funding your beauty qualification is taking out a VET Student loan. If you study with an approved VET Student Loan Provider, you may be eligible for a loan from the Commonwealth government that covers a set portion of tuition fees. Payments are distributed across each term of study, and the loan balance is repaid once you reach the earning threshold.
VET Student Loan eligibility extends to:
● Australian citizens or holders of a NZ Special Categories Visa (SCV) or permanent humanitarian visa who have not previously exceeded their FEE-HELP limit
● Prospective students who can provide evidence of a Year 12 Certificate or AQF Certificate IV or higher qualification (obtained in English)
You will need to provide original or certified copies of the relevant documents as proof of the above criteria.
Study Loans is Australia's first dedicated private student loan provider. With simple terms, a responsible funding method, and dedicated student portal, this funding method gives students full control over their loans.
To get a loan with Study Loans, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident who is over 18 and employed in full-time, part-time, or casual work. Loan terms vary between 6 and 48 months.
Start earning your beauty qualification today
Don't let financial concerns prevent you from earning a qualification in beauty and entering an exciting and dynamic profession. Completing a beauty course is an excellent way to grow your skill set and set yourself up for a varied, lifelong career.
In addition to the above funding options, Demi International offers deferred tuition fee payments through Zip Money. To learn more about Demi International and their beauty courses, get in touch with their friendly team today!