Phoebe Conway is a 27 year-old nutritionist and food stylist/photographer from Adelaide. Follow her Instagram here: @pheebsfoods
"I have to admit, even I was sceptical that vegan French toast could be as good as regular French toast but let me tell you, this might even be better!! The flavour of the cinnamon mixed with the Califia Farm Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk is just next level! I love that the flaxseed adds a fantastic boost of fibre to the recipe too."
"This almond milk has such a good vanilla flavour and it has no added sugar which makes it perfect for this dish. Best served with your favourite fruits and maybe a cheeky drizzle of maple syrup!"
1 tbsp corn flour
1 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
¼ cup ground flaxseed
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp nutritional yeast
Sliced bread of choice
1. Mix the corn flour with 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl and until smooth with no lumps.
2. Place all ingredients including the corn flour mixture into a bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and add a little olive oil or vegan butter.
4. Dip a piece of bread into the custard mixture, drain of any excess then place into the pan - don't leave the bread to soak simply dip and remove.
5. Cook the toast on each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Serve the French toast with more maple syrup and berries!
*notes: the mixture will thicken slightly as it sits if you make the toast in a few batches, so feel free to add a dash more almond milk to thin if needed.