Marika Ward is a nutritionist and mum from Melbourne, Australia. Follow her Instagram here: @thevegetableaddict
"Crunchy juicy rice paper rolls are a summer classic, best enjoyed in the warm air on a sunny day. Pair these with a sweet spicy almond dipping sauce, made from Califia Farms thick and creamy Unsweetened Almond Milk, and you have a match made in heaven."
"The rich taste makes for a robust base flavour, and with no GMO or added sugar, this plant-based milk is nourishing to the body and better for our planet."
"I LOVE how much flavour you can get into these rolls using raw crisp veggies! My secret is including sweet mango and crisp mint, combined with the rich flavour of the almond dipping sauce it's absolute lunchtime heaven."
Almond Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/4 cup natural almond butter
1/2 tablespoon tamari
1/2 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (or more)
Juicy Crunchy Rice Paper Rolls
1/4 small red cabbage, fine shredded
1/4 red capsicum, thin sliced
1 carrot, peeled & cut into match sticks
3 mini cucumbers, cut into match sticks
1/2 mango, thin sliced
1/2 avocado, thin sliced
A few sprigs of fresh mint
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
15 sheets of mini rice paper
1. Make your dipping sauce first by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl with a fork until well combined.
2. Slice all your fresh ingredients.
3. Fill a wide shallow bowl with warm water. Using a damp tea towel as your base, place 1 sheet of rice paper into the warm water for 2-3 seconds. Lay onto the tea towel, quickly layer with a rainbow of vegetables in the centre leaving a gap at the top and bottom.
4. Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon of dipping sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
5. Wrap the roll by folding in the top and bottom up, and then tightly roll to wrap.
6. Repeat until ingredients are finished.
7. Dip into remaining sauce and enjoy!
Notes - Rice paper rolls can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge wrapped with a damp tea towel to keep fresh.