Turkey and Havarti Cheese Kebabs with Cranberry Chutney Serves 4Preparation time: 15 minutesCooking time: 25 minutes Ingredients
12 Bamboo Skewers, (pre-soaked)
200g havarti cheese, cut into 3cm cubes
8 Fresh Turkey Thigh Chops, meat removed, cut into 3cm cubes Cranberry Chutney
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
170g dried cranberries, (Craisins)
2 small green apples, peeled, quartered, diced
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
2 cinnamon sticks Method
1. Place havarti cheese into freezer for 15-20 minutes or until firm but not frozen. This will prevent the cheese from melting while cooking on skewers.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add cranberries, apple, sugar, vinegar, chilli flakes, cinnamon sticks and 1 cup water to onion. Stir until sugar has dissolved and mixture comes to the boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until mixture becomes thicker.
3. Spoon cranberry chutney into a sterilised jar and cover. Cool then refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
4. Thread 2 pieces of turkey meat, followed by a cube of cheese, (twice), finishing skewer with turkey pieces. Place onto a large plate. Continue to thread turkey and cheese onto remaining skewers. Cover and refrigerate until required.
5. Heat a grill or oven on medium heat. Spray skewers with olive oil. Cook skewers on for 3-4 minutes on each side until turkey is cooked through.
6. Serve skewers with cranberry chutney and green salad.
Other Turkey Recipes
Turkey and Havarti Cheese Kebabs with Cranberry Chutney - www.girl.com.au/turkey-and-havarti-cheese-kebabs-with-cranberry-chutney.htm
Turkey Meatballs with Rosti & Tomato Chilli Sauce - www.girl.com.au/turkey-meatballs-with-rosti-and-tomato-chilli-sauce.htm
Turkey Breast Roast with Macadamia Nut - www.femail.com.au/turkey-breast-roast-with-macadamia-nut.htm
Mexican Turkey - www.femail.com.au/mexican-turkey.htm
Turkey keeps the kitchen HOT this winter!
As those cold winter months creep in, you can always count on Ingham turkey products to keep your kitchen hot!
When the temperature drops, the family moves indoors! This is a great time to bring the family around the table to share in a warming winter meal. Whether your aim is to make your mealtime hearty or simply to keep it healthy, the latest turkey recipes from Ingham are sure to fit the bill.
Try one of these tasty meals next time you're looking to try something new! Turkey meatballs with rosti and homemade tomato chilli sauce
Turkey and havarti cheese kebabs with cranberry chutney
Juicy turkey breast roast with macadamia nut
Mexican whole turkey with avocado, mango and coriander salad
Available all year round, Inghams turkey cuts including chops and mince can be found in the fresh meat cabinet in your local major supermarket-if you have trouble finding it, just ask a sales associate to point you in the right direction.
The Inghams Today's Turkey website - www.todaysturkey.com.au has a comprehensive collection of turkey preparation ideas to make the whole family happy. Whether you are looking for something new to tempt the kids or for a twist on a traditional recipe, the Today's Turkey website is your one stop shop.