Borrowdale Free Range Pork has got you covered for dinner ideas this year, using the most ethical and sustainable meat products to ensure you are left feeling guilt free, so now is the perfect time to bring out the air fryer and take your cooking skills to the next level. To get you started...Chef Ryan McBurney has shared his top 4 hacks for those new to cooking with an air fryer:
1. Make sure to preheat your air fryer
2. Any drippings that collect in the air fryer draw can be easily utilised to make sauces and gravies
3. Sometimes it is necessary to shake the basket during the cooking process to ensure everything is cooking evenly
4. To achieve crispy food, use oil sparingly, there is no need to douse the contents in olive oil
This simple and delicious recipe you can try at home with your airfryer, courtesy of Chef Ryan McBurney, will have you salivating...
Serves 2 | Prep & Cook 15 mins | Cost approx. $8.00 per portion
2 x 125g Borrowdale pork loin steaks
10ml black truffle oil
1 x large potato (deseree variety)
½ Red onion – cut in 4 wedges
Sprig of thyme
1 bunch Asparagus
Peach Relish Ingredients:
120g tinned peach slices and juice
15g red capsicum
10g small raisins
5ml apple cider vinegar
1. Cut potato into 4mm slices and place into a bowl with the pork steaks and red onion.
2. Pour over truffle oil, thyme and salt and mix well. Place into an air fryer basket and turn onto 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. After five minutes open the drawer and add the asparagus for the remainder of the cooking process.
3. Whilst these are cooking prepare relish by cutting peaches and capsicum into rough dice with remaining ingredients and place into a microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave on high for 90 seconds.
Borrowdale free range pork is stocked at independent butchers and restaurants across Australia.