Cleaver's Organic has got you covered for dinner ideas this year, using the most ethical and sustainable meat products to ensure you are left feeling guilt free, so now is the perfect time to bring out the air fryer and take your cooking skills to the next level. To get you started...Chef Ryan McBurney has shared his top 4 hacks for those new to cooking with an air fryer:
1. Make sure to preheat your air fryer
2. Any drippings that collect in the air fryer draw can be easily utilised to make sauces and gravies
3. Sometimes it is necessary to shake the basket during the cooking process to ensure everything is cooking evenly
4. To achieve crispy food, use oil sparingly, there is no need to douse the contents in olive oil
This simple and delicious recipe you can try at home with your airfryer, courtesy of Chef Ryan McBurney, will have you salivating...
Serves | 2
Prep & Cooking Time | 24 mins
Cost | approx. $9.00 per portion
Cleaver's Lamb Steak Ingredients
Cleaver's Garlic & Tuscan Herb Lamb Steak
50g Quince paste
15g White balsamic vinegar
150g carrot – cut into chunks and blanched 5mins in boiling water
4 cloves garlic
4 leaves Kale
2 Asparagus spears
75g cherry tomatoes
10ml EV olive oil
1. Bring pot of water to boil and blanch the carrot in salted water until tender. Alternatively you could boil the kettle and pour over a bowl of carrots and microwave for three minutes then drain.
2. In a microwave safe bowl place quince paste, water, vinegar, salt and rosemary into a bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
3. Tip half of marinade on lamb and coat. Coat vegetables in olive oil and salt and place carrot and pumpkin with lamb in air fryer, set at 200degC for 18mins.
4. When there is five minutes remaining cook time on the air fryer add asparagus, cherry tomatoes and kale for the duration of the cook.
5. Serve Lamb with vegetables and use remaining quince marinade to drizzle over dish
Cleaver's Organic is stocked at Coles and Woolworths and some independent grocers.