A recipe from Chef Tom Walton
Makes 1 x 24cm cake
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
¾ cup good quality cocoa powder
2/3 cup almond meal or desiccated coconut
1 cup brown sugar or maple syrup
1 cup mashed, very ripe banana
1 cup Califia Farms XX Espresso Cold Brew Almond Milk
½ cup water
2/3 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp icing sugar, optional
1 punnet raspberries
1. Preheat an oven to 175C. Grease and line a 26cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, almond meal, salt, cocoa powder and the sugar.
3. Add the banana, almond milk, water, coconut oil and mix to just combine.
4. Pour the mix into the cake tin and bake for 35-40 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin and onto a plate.
6. Dust with the icing sugar and serve topped with raspberries and some vegan ice cream or yoghurt if desired.
"A chocolate cake that's so simple, quick, light, spongy, rich and completely plant-based ... well cake lovers, I have it for you here! My Almond Espresso Chocolate Cake made with Califia Farms XX Espresso Cold Brew gives it such a delicious flavour and that little espresso hit (I'm addicted) against the chocolate."
"The recipe is easy enough for everyday baking and decadent enough for a celebration or dinner party with some vegan ice-cream or yoghurt."
Tom Walton is a chef and dad from Bondi, Sydney with a focus on family friendly and plant-based delicious recipes. Follow his Instagram here: @cheftomwalton
For more details on Califia Farms visit: califiafarms.com.au or head to @califiafarmsau