This recipe is free from refined sugars, utilise plant-based milks and oils and harness the nutritional power of the McKenzie's alternative flour range, which can be used in place of traditional wheat flour to add some nutritional benefits to your baking.
Treat the family to some Healthy Cocoa Pancakes. Made with Quinoa Flour for extra nutrition, these pancakes will ensure you start your day right!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
● 2/3 cup McKenzie's Quinoa Flour
● 1/3 cup coconut sugar
● 2 tbs cocoa powder
● 1⁄2 tsp McKenzie's Baking Powder
● 1⁄4 tsp salt
● 1/3 cup milk
● 2 large eggs
1. Mix together all dry ingredients. Add the eggs and milk.
2. Whisk well together until all ingredients are blended and no lumps are visible.
3. Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over low-medium heat.
4. Drop 1⁄4 cup of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles form on top (about 2-3 minutes). Carefully flip pancakes and continue to cook on the other side until done (about 1 minute).
5. Top with your favourite sauce or toppings.