The McKenzie's Light Lemon slice is a healthy take on their traditional lemon slice and is also suitable for the vegan in your family. Alternatively, whip up some Buckwheat Vanilla Cupcakes made with McKenzie's Tapioca Flour and Buckwheat Flour.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
● 1 1⁄2 cups McKenzie's Oat Flour
● 1 1⁄2 cups McKenzie's Fine Desiccated Coconut
● 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds, roughly chopped
● 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
● 1/3 cup maple syrup
● 1/3 cup macadamia oil
● 400ml can coconut cream, refrigerated
● 1 tbs maple syrup
● 1-2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
● 2 tbs McKenzie's Fine Desiccated Coconut
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line an 18 x 18 cm slice tray with baking paper.
2. Combine flour, coconut, almonds and lemon in a large mixing bowl. Mix well. Form a well in the centre and add the maple syrup and oil. Mix well.
3. Press mixture into prepared tray and bake for 15 minutes until just starting to turn golden. Allow to cool.
4. For coconut cream, scoop solid part of the coconut cream into a bowl, discarding the liquid. Add maple syrup and whisk well. Fold in lemon rind and spread over the cooled slice. Sprinkle with coconut and enjoy.