Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 12 pancakes
• 1½ cups of plain flour
• 1 tbsp of baking powder
• 1 tbsp of caster sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup of milk
• 50 grams of unsalted butter, melted
• 1 tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
1. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and sugar together. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla together. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk mixture to make a smooth batter.
2. Heat a large, lightly greased non-stick frying pan over a low-medium heat. Working in batches of three at a time, pour ¼ cups of batter into the pan. Cook the pancakes for 1-2 minutes, until bubbles break on the surface and the underside is golden brown. Flip the pancakes over and cook for 1 minute and remove from the pan onto a plate. Keep a clean tea towel over the plate of cooked pancakes to keep them warm.
3. Stack and serve the pancakes with maple syrup and blueberries or the topping of your choice.
If you're looking for something more gourmet, choose from some of our sweet and savoury topping ideas below:
• Coconut yoghurt, granola and nectarine
• Mascarpone, passionfruit curd and raspberries
• Cream cheese and strawberry compote
• Roast cherry tomatoes, ricotta, baby rocket and balsamic glaze
• Garlic mushrooms, Persian fetta and chives
• Kimchi, fried egg and chilli sauce