On February 15 2019, "The Best Of The '68 Comeback Special," the new companion album to NBC's "Elvis All-Star Tribute," will be released by RCA/Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
An ideal set for long time Elvis fans and newcomers, "The Best Of The '68 Comeback Special," comprises the Elvis recordings and performances that inspired the upcoming tribute and showcases a new version of the legendary closing number, "If I Can Dream," as heard in the new special " featuring Elvis' original vocals alongside new performances by Carrie Underwood, Shawn Mendes, Post Malone, Darius Rucker and Blake Shelton. The album features 15 Elvis performances from the "stand-up" and "sit-down" shows filmed for the '68 broadcast, plus three original studio recordings to represent songs that appear in the new special.
In the USA (Sunday, Feb. 17 from 9-11 p.m. ET/PT) the music industry's biggest stars, including Yolanda Adams, Kelsea Ballerini, Dierks Bentley, Alessia Cara, Mac Davis, John Fogerty, Josh Groban, Adam Lambert, John Legend, Little Big Town, Jennifer Lopez, Post Malone, Shawn Mendes, Pistol Annies, Darius Rucker, Ed Sheeran, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban, will take the stage for NBC's "Elvis All-Star Tribute".
The two-hour program will be hosted by Blake Shelton and pay tribute to Elvis Presley's "'68 Comeback Special," recreating the iconic night with musical performances, a showcase of rare footage and interviews with Priscilla Presley and Steve Binder, the director of the original special, plus a special appearance from Lisa Marie Presley.
"Elvis All-Star Tribute" is being produced by Ken Ehrlich for AEG Ehrlich Ventures, LLC. Ehrlich is one of event television's most prolific producers, from the annual Grammy Awards telecast, which he has produced since 1980, to numerous single artist and event specials, including the Global Citizens Festival, which he produces for MSNBC.
"The Best Of The '68 Comeback Special" to be released on February 15th
The Best of the '68 Comeback Special Tracklisting:
1. Trouble / Guitar Man (Opening)
2. Heartbreak Hotel (First "Stand Up" Show)
3. Hound Dog (Second "Stand Up" show)
4. All Shook Up (Second "Stand Up" show)
5. Can't Help Falling In Love (Second "Stand Up" Show)
6. Jailhouse Rock (Second "Stand Up" Show) 7. Don't Be Cruel (First "Stand Up" Show)
8. Blue Suede Shoes (Second "Sit Down" Show) 9. Baby, What You Want Me To Do (First "Stand Up" Show)
10. Are You Lonesome Tonight? (First "Sit Down" Show)
11. One Night (Second "Sit Down" Show)
12. Love Me Tender (First "Stand Up" Show)
13. Trying To Get To You (Second "Sit Down" Show)
14. Love Me (Second "Sit Down" Show)
16. A Little Less Conversation
RCA Victor single
17. Suspicious Minds RCA Victor single
18. Burning Love RCA Victor single
*19. If I Can Dream - Elvis Presley, Carrie Underwood, Shawn Mendes, Post Malone, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton
Tracks 1-15 Recorded June 1968 at Western Recorders Hollywood, CA and NBC Studios, Burbank, CA for the Elvis (NBC TV Special)
Track 16 recorded March 1968 at Western Recorders Hollywood, CA
Track 17 recorded January 1969 at American Sound, Memphis, TN
Track 18 recorded March 1972 at RCA Studios, Hollywood, CA
Track 19 recorded October 2018 at Universal Studios, Universal City, CA