SlimPasta is a great substitute for pasta and noodle and easy to incorporate into your current lifestyle. SlimPasta makes you feel full for longer without adding a lot of calories.
SlimPasta is naturally made of a vegetable called Konjac which produces a high fibre (called gulcomannan) that is a low calorie and low carbohydrate food. SlimPasta provides delicious meal options for you and your family. SlimPasta helps create a long term solution to aid towards better health to feel better and be happy.
SlimPasta is not new to the market; it has been popular in Asia for over a thousand years, specifically in Japan and China, and while it can be identified by many different names (Konjac noodle, Shirataki), they are all essentially the same and have identical health benefits of lower cholesterol, lower blood glucose, and body weight management.
- SlimPasta is a substitute to regular pasta and noodles for people trying to lose weight
- Made from water-based, high fibre Asian vegetable Konjac
- SlimPasta contains 94% less calories than white wheat pasta
- One 100g serving of the angel hair variety contains a mere 6.4 calories, while the spaghetti contains only 14.1 calories - thats less than one minute on the treadmill!
- SlimPasta contains no carbohydrates, and is low in calories
- Available in both spaghetti and angel hair varieties
- Dairy, egg and fat-free , and the angel hair is gluten free
Review: Now you don't have to sacrifice the things you love, as SlimPasta tastes terrific!SlimPasta
Available through Woolworths, IGA & Foodworks
RRP $3.69 for a 250g packhttp://slimpasta.com.au
Vietnamese Spring RollIngredients
125g SlimPasta Angel hair
8 rice wrappers (22cm diameter)
8 large cooked prawns peeled, devein and cut in half
12 fresh Thai basil leaves, cut into 2-3 cm length
12 fresh mint leaves, cut into 2-3 cm length
3 fresh coriander, cut into 2-3 cm length
2 lettuce leaves, cut into smallDipping Sauce
3 tsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp crashed peanutsMethod
1. Prepare SlimPasta as a cooking instruction on a pack. Drain well on a paper towel. Cut into small pieces.
2. Fill a large bowel with warm water. Dip one wrapper into hot water for 5 seconds to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place 2 prawn halves, SlimPasta, basil, mint, coriander and lettuce, leaving about 2 inches uncovered at each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Cut roll in half if desired.
- 250 grams of SlimPasta Spaghetti
- 100 grams Ham chopped or sliced
- 165 ml light milk or light condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 chicken stock cube or 1/2 teaspoon vegemite
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/ teaspoon garlic
- Sprinkle of parika
- Sprinkle of ground black pepperMethod
1. Chop ham into small pieces and lightly whisk together the milk and egg in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Stir in the ham and crumbled stock cube and place into fry pan. No oil needed.
3. Add paprika and garlic and stir, then add Parmesan cheese. Prepare SlimPasta as per instructions.
4. Serve over SlimPasta and add more parmesan cheese if so desired. Sprinkle black pepper on top.
Creamy chicken, roast pumpkin and pine nut SpaghettiIngredients
1 packet of 250 gram SlimPasta Spaghetti
300 grams chicken breast cut in strips
100 grams cubed roasted pumpkin
1 cup of Evaporated Milk
2 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
20 grams of toasted pine nuts
1 tablespoon olive oil
small bunch of parsley chopped
1 clove of garlic Method
1. Prepare SlimPasta Spaghettis as per instructions on pack
2. Peel and chop pumpkin into cubes , place on tray spray with olive oil sprayand roast until tender
3.Add olive oil and garlic cooked until softened add chicken strips and cook until brown
4.Add wholegrain mustard and Evaporated milk to pan
5.Add pumpkin to pan and gently heat through
6.Add SlimPasta Spaghetti to pan, toss through well
7. Toss in fresh parsley , pine nuts and serve
You can also:
-Add mushrooms to dish
-Place pine nuts in pan and toast gently
Chilli & Garlic PrawnsIngredients
- 250 grams of SlimPasta Spaghetti- 2 tablespoons olive oil- 1 garlic glove, finely crushed- ½ fresh small red chillies, seeded, finely chopped- 250 grams (about 8 medium) green king prawns, peeled, deveined- Fresh parsley leaves, chopped- Salt & ground pepper to taste- Rocket and lemon juiceMethod
1. Prepare SlimPasta as per instructions and drain.
2. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and chillies and cook for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Increase heat to medium, sauté the prawns and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the prawns curl, change colour and are just cooked through.
3. Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper. Add the drained pasta in a pan along with rocket and lemon juice. Toss together gently. Serve with parsley. Serve immediately.