- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 4 fresh plain bagels, split
- 2 tbsp butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup light spreadable cream cheese
- 100g sliced smoked salmon
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Scrambled Egg and Salmon Bagels Method:
- Whisk eggs, milk and chives in a bowl until well combined. Set aside for a few minutes to allow foam to settle. Meanwhile, toast bagels to your liking.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add butter, melt and swirl to coat pan base.
- Add egg mixture and cook without stirring for 30 seconds. Using a wide spatula, push the set eggs around outer edge toward the centre of the pan, tilting the pan to allow the uncooked egg to run over the base. Gently push eggs around pan every 15 seconds until soft folds form and one quarter mixture is unset. Remove from heat. Gently fold the egg mixture once more.
- Spread toasted bagels with cream cheese. Top with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Season to taste. Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe by Australian Eggs