Delicious winter warmer recipe ideas from Australian Eggs - from fast and simple comfort meals to slow and steady recipes that the whole family can get involved with! Recipes include a delicious Salmon and Rice Egg Pie, Mac and Cheese, Twice Baked Cheese Souffles (perfect for a Sunday brunch!), Kedgeree, Egg and Lentil Dahl.
Salmon and Rice Egg Pie
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
• 80g long grain rice
• 500ml fish stock
• 3 eggs (hard boiled and roughly chopped)
• 50g Mushrooms (chopped)
• ¼ bunch Parsley (chopped)
• ½ bunch Dill (chopped)
• 1 bunch Chives (chopped)
• ½ tsp Black pepper (freshly ground)
• 1 lemon (zest and juice)
• 1 egg (raw)
• 8 sheets Filo pastry
• 80g Baby spinach leaves
• 200g Salmon fillet (skinless/boneless, cut into two slices horizontally)
• 1 egg (for glazing)
• Hollandaise sauce
• Green salad
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Cook rice in fish stock and place into a bowl to cool.
3. Add chopped boiled eggs, mushrooms, herbs, pepper, lemon zest and juice. Combine with raw egg.
4. Layout two puff pastry sheets on a lined baking tray; brush with olive oil and lay over two more puff pastry sheets. Top with half the spinach leaves, one salmon slice, all of the rice mix; then remaining salmon and spinach. Then layer on top the remaining sheets of filo pastry, brushed with olive oil in between each layer.
5. Crimp the edges of the pastry so that the top layers join to the lower layers and brush with egg.
6. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until golden and cooked. Slice and serve hot.