Recipe attributed to Nutritionist and UNCLE TOBYS Ambassador, Kathleen Alleaume
Here's a recipe the kids and I have been loving baking together on a Sunday afternoon. These juicy whole grain oat muffins are infused with chia seeds - a plant-based source of omega 3, fibre and protein.
Makes 12 muffins
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
•2 cups of UNCLE TOBYSTraditional Rolled Oats
•2 free range eggs
•1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
•¾ cup maple syrup
•2 passionfruit, pulp removed, extra for garnish
•2 tb chia seeds
•1cup Greek yoghurt
•2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 160°C
2. Grease a muffin tray with spray oil or line with wrappers.
3. To make the oat flour, blitz the rolled oats in a high-speed blender until oats form a flour. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and maple until mixture becomes thick.
5. Add the passionfruit pulp, chia seeds, yoghurt and mix until well combined.
6. Fold through the oat flour mixture and baking powder.
7. Spoon mixture into muffin tins.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until muffins are cooked through.
9. Remove from the oven and allow cooling for 10 minutes, and then turning onto cooling rack to cool slightly. Muffins can be stored in air-tight container for up to 5days.
Nutritional information(per serve): Energy 859kJ (204 cals); 4g protein; 25g carbs; (15g total sugar); 9.4g fat (1.9g saturated fat); 2.1g fibre