Mushroom Risotto With Grains & Legumes
Preparation time: 4 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Makes: 3 serves
● 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) butter
● 3/4 onion (brown) diced
● 1 1/2 cup(s) McKenzie's Soup Mix
● 4.5 cup(s) vegetable stock
● 3 cup(s) mushrooms (cup or button) sliced
● 3 teaspoon(s) thyme (dried)
● 3 tablespoon(s) parmesan cheese grated
● salt & pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a medium pot, then add the onion and saute for 3-4 minutes, until golden.
2. Add the McKenzies Soup Mix and the vegetable stock to the pot and leave to simmer for 25 minutes.
3. Next, add the mushrooms and thyme and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes. If more liquid is required, add water as needed.
4. Stir through the parmesan, season the risotto with salt and pepper and serves
5. Serve with fresh or toasted sourdough.
Energy = 2127.9kj
Calories = 508.3cal
Protein = 23.4g
Fibre = 16.7g
Fat = 14.4g
Saturated Fat = 8.5g
Carbohydrates = 61.9g
Sugar = 10.5 Sugar = 15.1g
These recipes are brought to you by health and fitness expert, Sam Wood, and his '28 by Sam Wood' program. Recipes are all under 510 calories and are filled with the goodness of McKenzie's pulses.
Pulses like chickpeas, lentils and split peas are a great source of protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals and are low in GI, helping to keep us full for longer. For more information visit www.28bysamwood.com