Bring back a taste of the old country with our Hungarian Goulash. This hearty dish will stick to your ribs warm you up on cold winter days.
2 lbs of beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 tpsns flour
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
3 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large zucchini, peeled and sliced
1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
1 lb of ripe tomatoes, sliced
1. Dust the cubes of beef in flour. Set aside.
2. In a skillet, heat the oil and saute the onions until just softened. Add the beef to the skillet and brown it. Stir the paprika into the beef and onion mixture.
3. Place the sliced potatoes at the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the browned beef and onions on top of the potatoes.
4. In the skillet, lightly saute the garlic, zucchini and peppers until just softened. Season with salt and pepper. Add this vegetable mixture on top of the meat.
5. Place tomatoes and parsley on top.
6. cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the potatoes are soft and the meat is cooked through.