Serves 4 | Prep 15 min | Cook 3-4 Hours
This pulled beef wrap recipe is perfect to surprise your family and friends with a meal that tastes absolutely amazing and is easy to eat!
● 800g trimmed Cleaver's Organic Beef Chuck Steak, cut into 5cm pieces
● 2 tbs olive oil
● 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
● 2 tsp sweet paprika
● 400g can cherry tomatoes
● 250ml (1 cup) reduced salt beef stock
● 600g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm cubes
● 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
● 4 wholegrain wraps, warmed
● 4 tbs hummus
● 1 cos lettuce, cut into rounds
● 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
● 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
● 1 avocado, diced
● 1/4 cup parsley leaves
● Preheat oven 130°C fan-forced. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in an ovenproof casserole dish over high heat. Add half the beef. Cook, for about 3 minutes, turning until browned all over. Remove to a plate. Repeat with oil and remaining beef.
● Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes, until soft. Add paprika. Cook, stirring 1 minute. Add canned tomatoes and stock. Return the beef and any juices to the pan, bring to simmer. Press a piece of baking paper onto the surface and cover with a lid. Transfer to the oven. Cook for 3 hours. Remove from oven, set aside.
● Increase oven 220°C fan-forced. Combine pumpkin and capsicum in roasting pan. Drizzle with remaining oil and season. Roast 30 minutes until lightly golden and tender.
● Remove beef to a plate and coarsely shred using two forks. Spread wraps with hommus. Top with lettuce, carrot, roast vegetables and beef. Combine tomatoes, avocado and parsley, spoon over beef. Serve.
If you don't have an ovenproof casserole dish suitable for both stovetop and oven, cook step 1-2 in a frying pan then transfer to an ovenproof dish to cook in the oven.
This recipe was brough to you by Cleavers, to view their range visit: https://cleaversorganic.com.au