Australian Lamb have announced their latest campaign, inviting iconic Aussie chefs – MasterChef star Hayden Quinn, Mr Wong legend Dan Hong and Three Blue Ducks chef Darren Robertson – to cook their favourite Lamb dish for some of Australia's most deserving heroes.
Dan Hong shares his legendary lamb recipe with delicious Asian flavours. Make these mouth-watering forequarter chops for the hero in your life.
Prep time: 30mins
Cooking time: 10mins
Lamb & Marinade
6 lamb forequarter chops
2 cloves garlic
1 golden shallot chopped
3 coriander roots
8 white peppercorns
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sea-salt
1 tsp sesame oil
1 Lebanese cucumber finely sliced
2 green shallots finely sliced
50g enoki mushrooms. Base cut off and separated
1 fresh red chilli, finely sliced
Half bunch coriander washed and cut into 3cm lengths
Half bunch mint (leaves only)
Juice of one lemon,
Teaspoon sesame oil
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp grapeseed oil
1. In a mortar and pestle, pound garlic, shallot and coriander root with peppercorns and sea salt until it combines into a paste, then add the oyster sauce and sesame oil before mixing thoroughly. Pour this marinade all over the chops and massage with your hands. Let the chops marinade for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
2. Heat a grill, BBQ or fry pan.
3. Lightly season chops with a little salt. Cook lamb chops for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side until they are nicely caramelised, slightly charred and still a little pink in the middle. Season with a little more salt after cooking.
4. Mix the salad ingredients in a bowl and add lemon juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and grapeseed oil just before serving.
5. Serve the lamb chops with the salad along with some steamed rice. Garnish with fresh chilli and lemon wedges.