So delicious, so nourishing, so many uses. By itself, with milk & berries, on top of smoothie bowls, a handful as a snack, in jars as presents, A great gift for mum to say thank you for all the breakfasts she has made you!
One large jar
● 4 cups rolled oats
● 1 cup pecans
● 1 cup walnuts
● 1 cup flaked almonds
● ¾ cup sesame seeds
● ¾ sunflower seeds
● ¾ pumpkin seeds
● 1 tsp fine-grain sea salt
● 2 tsp ground cinnamon
● 2 tsp ground ginger
● 1 tsp ground nutmeg
● 1 tsp ground cloves
● ½ cup melted coconut oil (or olive oil)
● ½ cup Lakanto Maple Syrup
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● ½ cup large, unsweetened coconut flakes
● ⅓ cup goji berries or cranberries
● ⅓ cup chopped crystallised ginger or other dried fruit
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, seeds, salt and spices. Stir to combine.
3. Stir in the oil, Lakanto Maple Syrup and vanilla.
4. Turn the granola out onto your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and top with coconut flakes (if using). Stir up the mixture to make sure the granola cooks evenly.
5. Return the pan to the oven for 8 to 11 more minutes, or until the granola is lightly golden on top. It will continue to crisp up as it cools.
6. Top the granola with the goji berries and crystallised ginger. Let the granola cool.
7. Store the granola in an airtight container or jar. It should stay fresh for 1 to 2 weeks. Store in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
Vegan Low Carb option: Leave out oats and add extra nuts and seeds
Tip: Add in chia seeds at the end for an extra omega 3 boost