Across the nation, countless farmers, families and rural Australians have been facing one of the worst drought conditions experienced in decades. Beyond the crippling loss of livestock, crops and years of hard work, rural communities are struggling to endure this severe climate crisis.
Today, Sony Music Entertainment Australia is proud to announce the release of a new compilation – Drought Relief – set for release Friday October 19. The compilation has been released as a special 2 disc CD package, which is available through all music retailers, as well as available for download on Apple iTunes.
All net proceeds after the deduction of any third party costs will be donated to Rural Aid via the charitable arm of the Sony group of companies in Australia, Sony Foundation Australia. All funds raised will go towards supporting the holistic work of Rural Aid and assisting young Australians affected by this relentless drought.
Denis Handlin AO, Chairman & CEO, Australia & New Zealand and President, Asia, Sony Music Entertainment and Founding Board Director, Sony Foundation Australia says:
"I know everyone in Australia shares deep concern for the plight of our farmers and rural communities, who are the very backbone of Australia. The community is currently enduring the worst crisis some have ever faced, and on behalf of Sony Music Entertainment Australia and Sony Foundation, our thoughts are with all with those affected by this drought. Sony Music Entertainment Australia is proud to support the 2018 Drought Relief through this special 2CD set and download."
In the true spirit of mateship and generosity – 29 Australian and international artists have kindly donated their biggest tracks – royalty free – to assist the drought appeal – an earnest reflection of their sense of duty in coming together to support regional and rural communities doing it tough. The compilation features iconic hits from John Farnham, Daryl Braithwaite, Delta Goodrem, Jessica Mauboy, Jimmy Barnes, John Williamson, Guy Sebastian, Troy Cassar-Daley, Paul Kelly, Pete Murray, Christine Anu and many more. See the full track listing for Drought Relief below.
Denis Handlin AO continues: "Our special thanks go to all of the artists for generously donating their tracks, royalty free. We also thank all our partners who have made releasing this special album possible.
As Australians, we can be proud of our inherent values of mateship and lending a helping hand wherever possible. I encourage you to get behind this very worthy cause and help our rural communities suffering in this drought through the power of music."
1. One Country Midnight Oil
2. Talk Of The Town John Farnham
3. Driving Wheels Jimmy Barnes
4. Superheroes The Script
5. Leave A Light On Tom Walker
6. A Matter Of Trust Billy Joel
7. Like A Drum Guy Sebastian
8. We Got Love Jessica Mauboy
9. Wish You Well Bernard Fanning
10. Calling All Angels Train
11. When Tomorrow Comes Eurythmics
12. Great Southern Land Icehouse
13. Baptise The Ute Lee Kernaghan
14. Big River Country Troy Cassar-Daley
15. New England Highway Adam Brand
1. Rise Daryl Braithwaite
2. Born To Try Delta Goodrem
3. So Beautiful Pete Murray
4. True Tears Of Joy Hunters & Collectors
5. From Little Things Big Things Grow Paul Kelly
6. The Truth Walks Slowly O'Shea
7. Help Is On It's Way Little River Band
8. Solid Rock Goanna
9. That's What You Call A Friend Adam Harvey
10. Flower On The Water John Williamson
11. My Island Home Christine Anu
12. Under The Milky Way Church
13. Stand By Me Human Nature
14. Way Out West James Reyne & James Blundell