¼ cup CSR Dark Brown Sugar
1/3 cup CSR Treacle
2 ½ cups plain flour
1 tablespoon ground Ginger
1 teaspoon Mixed Spice
1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
1 egg white
2 cups CSR Pure Icing Sugar
Assorted food colours
1. Beat butter, CSR Dark Brown Sugar and CSR Treacle until light and creamy. Add egg, beat well.
2. Stir flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda into creamed mixture, mix until just combined.
3. Turn onto floured surface, knead 1 minute, adding a little extra flour if dough is sticky. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
4. Preheat oven to moderate 180C.
5. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 4mm thick. Using Christmas cutters (we've used angels), cut shapes from dough.
6. Place shapes on baking trays, lined with baking paper, allowing room for the biscuits to spread. Bake 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool.
1. Beat egg white until frothy. Gradually add CSR Pure Icing Sugar, beating well after each addition. Continue until the icing is firm and holds its shape.
2. Divide mixture into portions and tint with colour as desired; mix well.
3. Pipe/spread colours onto biscuits decoratively.
Tip: Remember to allow the icing to dry before storing biscuits in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.