Jamaica Blue have just launched a new menu, Lite Blue, which caters to the health and weight conscious consumer wanting something healthy yet full of flavour when they are out and about.
There are 10 items on the Lite Blue menu, each containing less than 10g of fat and less than 1500kj.
With the warmer weather putting more pressure on us to look good now there is an even better way to enjoy all your favourite snacks, including wraps, pastas and even chocolate brownies (there are sweet and savoury options)!
Carrot, Orange and Raisin Loaf
280g Plain Flour
2tsp Baking powder (level)
150g Light brown sugar
4 Eggs, beaten
1 Orange juiced and zested
80ml Canola oil
100ml Unsweetened yoghurt
1tsp Ground cinnamon
280g Carrot, finely grated
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. Lightly oil a 900g loaf tin
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon & salt together
4. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, stir in the sugar and add orange juice & zest, oil & yoghurt.
5. Place the carrot & raisins into the sifted flour & fold in the egg mixture. Place into the tinv6. Bake for 50 60 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean
7. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Serve with a spoonful of Plain Yoghurt & a slice of fresh seasonal fruit