prep + cook time: 30 minutes
400g orecchiette pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
3 fresh chorizo sausages (270g), skin peeled, broken into 2cm pieces
1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
150g cavolo nero (tuscan kale), stems discarded, leaves shredded thinly
4 slices prosciutto (60g)
250g truss cherry tomatoes, cut into clusters
1 cup (240g) fresh ricotta
⅔ cup (50g) finely grated parmesan
¼ cup small flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain, reserving ⅓ cup (80ml) of the cooking liquid.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat; cook chorizo and onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add cavolo nero; cook for 4 minutes or until softened. Add reserved pasta water; season to taste.
3. Half-fill a large frying pan with water; bring to the boil. Break one egg into a cup, then slide into pan; repeat with remaining eggs. When all eggs are in pan, return water to the boil. Cover pan, turn off heat; stand for 4 minutes or until a light film of egg white sets over yolks. Remove eggs, one at a time, using a slotted spoon; place spoon on paper-towel-lined plate to blot up any poaching liquid.
4. Preheat oven grill to high. Place prosciutto and tomatoes on a baking-paper-lined oven tray; place under grill for 2 minutes or
until prosciutto is crisp and tomatoes soften.
5. Combine pasta, chorizo mixture and crumbled ricotta; divide among plates. Serve topped with eggs, prosciutto and tomatoes, then parmesan and parsley; season with pepper.
Cavolo nero is a type of kale; if unavailable, use regular kale instead. If you can't find truss cherry tomatoes, use regular cherry or grape tomatoes instead.
This recipe is brought to you by Beau's Kitchen Cookbook