Makes 6 doughnuts
¼ Cup Coconut Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 Tbsp Golden Flaxseed Meal
2 Tbsp Tapioca Flour
2 Tbsp Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
⅓ Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Maple Flavoured Syrup
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
¾ Cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
200g Dark Chocolate
2 Tbsp Powdered Monkfruit
Your Choice Nut Butter
Powdered Freeze Dried Berries
1. Preheat oven to 177°C. Spray a 6 cup doughnut pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. Stir in the dry ingredients and keep mixing until everything is combined. Let the batter sit for a minute or so as the flaxmeal requires time to gel.
4. Evenly distribute batter into the doughnut pan, smooth over the tops.
5. Bake for approximately 23 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the doughnut pan.
6. Meanwhile, to make the chocolate glaze, place the coconut oil in a small saucepan on low heat. Add in the powdered sweetener and stir until combined. Add the chocolate and continuously stir until dissolved and glossy. Be mindful not to overcook the chocolate. Set aside to slightly thicken.
7. Carefully dip the doughnut into the chocolate glaze (curved side down) turning in a clockwise motion to coat them completely. Feel free to double coat for an extra glossy, thick glaze.
8. Drizzle over your favourite nut butter and sprinkle over the freeze-dried berry powder. Enjoy!
Quotes from The Nourished Chef:
"These delicious vegan doughnuts are made with Califia's almond milk so they're dairy-free and irresistibly soft and fluffy."
The Nourished Chef (Clarissa Kocovski) has been curating and recipe developing low carb, gluten and dairy free recipes for the last five years. Recently she has been inspired to embrace plant-based living and has adapted this philosophy throughout her recipes. Long-term sustainability is something she's very passionate about and working with the power of plants in her kitchen has been an eye-opening journey. She hopes by showcasing the true ingredients she uses and sharing her recipes will educate and inspire home cooks. Follow her Instagram here: @thenourishedchef
For more details on Califia Farms visit Califiafarms