Using hero products in the EIMI by Wella Professionals styling collection, with support from the ANZ EIMI Artistic team, leading editorial stylist, Renya Xydis, Creative Director for Wella Professionals ANZ, brought to life her subdued glamour of 1970's soap-scene suburbia through hair at yesterday's S19 Zimmermann show in New York.
"For Spring, I was inspired by a television soap that was on in Australia in the late 70s called Number 96. It was naughty and irreverent and hilarious. It was even more appealing to me because as a really young kid I definitely wasn't allowed to watch it! It was set in an apartment block of four in Paddington in the inner city of Sydney and explored storylines that were considered taboo at the time – sex, adultery, drugs and homosexuality. When we were researching, we found this great quote from the series launch campaign – "Tonight at 8.30 Television loses its virginity." For a girl in the suburbs, it was all too brilliant."
– Creative Director, Nicky Zimmermann.
The Hair How-To: Using EIMI by Wella Professionals
"The layered EIMI product to create the Zimmermann S19 look, which gave us that heightened glamour that the show gave, yet still retained a soft and sweet 'girl next door' look with sexy eyes, intricate jewelry and an effortless charm, character we wanted to run from catwalk through to hair" – Renya Xydis, Creative Director Wella Professionals ANZ
1. For big, sexy - but still natural - texture, apply EIMI Perfect Setting throughout the whole head, to give the hair grit
2. Next, apply EIMI Ocean Spritz around the crown. This gives the hair 'tease' factor and creates a great base to build volume
3. Dry the hair and create volume by rough-drying. Create a 'mini bee-hive' effect in the back to fake volume that's still moveable
4. Once fully fry, apply EIMI Dry Me liberally under small sections, to give the hair a dusty, sexy texture
5. Using a large barrel tong, create irregular loose curls, around (and away from) the face, using the fingers to tease height into the front and sides
6. Use spread-out fingers to loosely pull the hair back on one side, and pin or hook over the ear
7. Fasten and decorate with a clasp, retaining a soft natural look as the hair drops around the accessory
8. Finish the look with new EIMI Mistify Me, for firm hold with natural movement
The Hair Heroes
EIMI Ocean Spritz RRP $24.95 AUD
EIMI Perfect Setting RRP $24.95 AUD
EIMI Mistify Me RRP $24.95 AUD
EIMI Dry Me RRP $24.95 AUD