Serving size: 6
Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 6 large apples
• 1 cup traditional rolled oats
• ½ cup walnuts chopped
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• ½ cup water
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• ½ teaspoon ginger
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and grease an oven safe baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Core apples and place them in the dish. In a bowl combine oats, walnuts and spices. Add in melted butter and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
3. Divide oat mixture evenly among the centre of the apples, pressing the filling in towards the centre of the apples. Pour water into the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Cover apples with foil and bake for about 30 minutes, making sure to baste the apples with the water every 5-10 minutes. Uncover the apples for the last 5 minutes. The apples will be fork tender when cooked.
Serving suggestion: serve with your favourite natural or Greek yoghurt.