Yield: 12 scones
Prep time: 20 min (plus 1-2hr resting)
Cook time: 20 min
[for the scones]
2 cups self raising flour
1/3 cup white sugar
90g butter, cubed
1 large egg
3/4 cup cream pinch of salt
[for the cream]
1 Map Extra Strong roast capsule
1 cup thickened cream
2 tbsp sugar
[For the cream]
1. Using your Map Coffee Machine, extract 1 Map Extra Strong Roast capsule using the Espresso
Setting (30ml) into a cup.
2. Dissolve the sugar into the hot liquid.
3. Whip the cream into stiff peaks, and fold in the sweetened coffee.
[For the scones]
1. Heat the oven to 190C.
2. Mix flour, and sugar in a bowl.
3. Add the cubed butter.
4. Using the tips of your fingers, rub in the butter entirely until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the egg and cream until combined.
6. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour egg mixture into the centre.
7. Mix until just combined and pour dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
8. Press dough out to about 1.5cm thick.
9. Using a 6cm round cookie cutter or drinking glass, cut into rounds.
10. Place into a single layer and bake for 15 min, or until golden.
11. Serve with coffee cream
• If you can, let the hot coffee cool a little before folding it in to the whipped cream.