Roast Chicken, Barley & Pumpkin Tray Bake
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Makes: 3 serves
● 3/4 cup(s) McKenzie's Pearl Barley rinsed
● 2 1/4 cup(s) water
● salt to taste
● 3 cup(s) pumpkin cut into 1-inch cubes
● 375 g chicken breast
● 2 1/4 cup(s) green beans
● 3/4 onion (red) sliced
● 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil (extra virgin)
● 1 1/2 lemon(s) juiced
● salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Start by cooking the barley with the water and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat for 20 minutes.
3. While the barley is cooking, prepare the pumpkin and place it on a lined baking tray to cook for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the tray from the oven, add the cooked barley, chicken, green beans and red onion.
5. Drizzle over olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
6. Return tray to the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Remove from the oven and serves
Energy = 2008.0kj
Calories = 479.7 cal
Protein = 37.8g
Fibre = 13.2g
Fat = 13.6g
Saturated Fat = 2.5g
Carbohydrates = 43.3g
Sugar = 11.6g
These recipes are brought to you by health and fitness expert, Sam Wood, and his '28 by Sam Wood' program. Recipes are all under 510 calories and are filled with the goodness of McKenzie's pulses.
Pulses like chickpeas, lentils and split peas are a great source of protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals and are low in GI, helping to keep us full for longer. For more information visit www.28bysamwood.com