Peanut Butter Sauce Chicken Wraps
Time: 2.5 hours | Serves: 4
Dairy Free/Gluten Free (optional)/Egg Free
500g chicken tenderloins
1 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 cup diced cheery tomatoes
1 medium carrot, julienned
Wraps of choice (wholemeal wraps suggested or gluten free)
Coriander to serve
Crushed peanuts to serve
For the Peanut Butter Marindade:
1/2 cup Mayver's Smooth Peanut Butter
2 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp oil of choice
1 tbsp water
2 tsp minced garlic
1.Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl and emulsify using a whisk until fully combined.
2. In a marinating dish, place chicken and peanut sauce and mix around so that the chicken is coated. Refrigerate for a minimum of two hours.
3. Once the chicken has marinated, heat a frying pan with 2 tbsp of oil of choice on a medium heat.
4. Place chicken in pan and cook each side for at least 4 minutes, or until cooked through.
5. Whilst chicken is cooking, julienne the carrot, dice the tomatoes and slice the lettuce for wraps.
6. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove from pan. Wraps are ready to assemble!
7. To assemble wraps, place shredded lettuce on the base of the wrap. Top with chicken, carrot and tomatoes. Drizzle with Mayver's Smooth Peanut Butter and sprinkle crushed peanuts. Top with coriander to serve.
Mayver's Smooth Peanut Butter available at Woolworths