PAN FRIED PEARS, PORK MEDALLIONS & WOKKED SPINACH
Preheat oven 180C or 160 fan force
Prep time - 10 minutes; cooking time - 20 minutes
2 firm medium sized green pears, stem removed & cored
¼ medium onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
½ tablespoon mustard seed oil
1 teaspoon lemon flavoured cracked peppercorns
600 g pork fillet, trimmed completely and cut into medallions, 3-4cms thick
Spray olive oil
¼ cup chicken stock - Massel salt reduced
200g Spinach leaves
1. Halve the pears and cut into 16 wedges - combine the onion, oregano, mustard seed oil and peppercorns; toss the pear wedges in the onion mixture
2. Lightly spray the pork with olive oil and seal in a hot non-stick frying pan - place into a baking tray and cook for 8 -10 minutes in the oven or until the pork is firm (cooking time will depend on the thickness of your sliced pork).
3. Reheat the non-stick pan to medium and tip the pear wedges into it and cook until lightly browned, turning often.
4. To cook the spinach, heat the stock until boiling and then tip in the spinach leaves. Toss in the wok to cook - be aware that the spinach cooks very quickly.
5. To serve, pile equal amounts of the spinach onto the centre of each plate - top with equal quantities of pork. Top with pear wedges or serve them around to one side.