Nothing warms you more in Autumn than a hearty casserole. This tasty Mr Beak's casserole is a take on a traditional French Cassoulet which is normally cooked in a cassole, a deep, round earthenware pot with slanting sides. If you don't have one of these handy the dish fares just as well in a slow cooker. Assemble in the morning before work and come home to a medley of delicious flavours.
2 tbs olive oil
450g Mr Beak's Original Beef sausages
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 large leek, sliced
275ml white wine
200ml chicken stock
2 x 400g tins of butter beans, drained and rinsed
Parsley for garnish
1. Add olive oil to a pan and brown sausages.
2. Add garlic and leek and fry, stirring occasionally.
3. Add cooked sausages, garlic and leek to a crock pot.
4. Add white wine, stock and butter beans.
5. Cook on a low setting for 4 to 6 hours.
6. Taste before serving and adjust seasoning if necessary.
7. Serve with mashed potatoes or crusty bread and garnish with finely chopped parsley.