Mango Salad with seeds and quinoa Recipe
- 50g cooked quinoa white
- 3 ripe mangos
- 100g mesculan salad mix
- 2 whole avocados
- 20g pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 10g sunflower seeds
- 10g pumpkin seeds
- 10g shredded coconut
- 5g sesame seeds
- 5g chia seeds
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
Mango Salad with seeds and quinoa
- Wash the raw quinoa well under cold running water and strain. To cook, sprinkle into a pot of vigorously boiling water and boil for 20 minutes – you can tell when it's ready as the outer ring separates. Strain and rinse under running water until cool.
- Cut the mangoes in half and then remove the flesh by using a large kitchen spoon to scoop out the whole cheek; slice into strips.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the seed; remove the flesh by using a large kitchen spoon to scoop out; cut into strips.
- Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a small jar with a screw top lid. Shake well to combine.
- Dress the salad leaves with a couple of tablespoons of the dressing and arrange on a salad plate. Sprinkle the cooked quinoa over the leaves. Top with the avocado and mango strips then sprinkle the seeds, coconut and serve.