Too often Christmas is the only time of year when we see certain familyand friends, and it can be the same with turkey! With the versatility of themany Inghams turkey cuts, its easy to incorporate this perfect protein intoyour daily meal routine, instead of using it as a once a year Christmasfeast. With Inghams turkey products available at most Coles and Woolworthssupermarkets across Australia, its now easier than ever to make turkey aneveryday food. Turkey Chops
are a popular, fresh cut that can be cooked in the ovenor on the stove or BBQ. There are many ways to prepare turkey chops thatwill leave your family wanting more. Try rubbing a hot, mild, savoury oreven sweet dry seasoning directly onto the meat and then barbequing. Use amarinade, like Lemon and Garlic, to coat the turkey meat in prior to cookingand your chops will have a delicious and light flavour.
Grilled Lemon and Garlic Turkey Chops Serves: 4Preparation Time: 5 MinutesCooking Time: 25 MinutesIngredients
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed and finely chopped
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme leaves
ground white pepper
750g desiree potatoes, cut into chunks
4 Fresh Ingham Turkey Thigh Chops, trimmed of skin and visible fat
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup flat leafMethod:
1. Place the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, mustard and thyme leaves into a bowl and stir to combine. Season with a little ground white pepper.
2. Add the turkey chops and toss them in the marinade so they are all well covered. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
3. Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Drain excess marinade and place the chops on a hot grill for 3 minutes, turn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
5. Remove the chops from the grill and allow them to rest.
6. Drain the water from the potatoes and add oil and parsley.
7. With a fork roughly mash the potatoes until they are just broken up andthe oil and parsley are well combined.
8. Spoon the potatoes onto 4 warm plates and top with the grilled turkeychops.
9. Serve and enjoy!