Aussies will love the taste of Flora with Butter; it melts in your mouth and can be enjoyed in so many ways, one being slathered on hot cross buns this Easter!
Here is a lovely little recipe to help you make delicious hot cross buns using Flora with Butter; this is one all the family will enjoy.
Makes 12 hot cross buns
4 cups (600g) bread flour
2 x 7g sachets dried yeast
¼ cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons mixed spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sultanas or mixed fruit
40g Flora with Butter (pinch of Sea Salt)
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon Flora with Butter (pinch of Sea Salt)
3 tablespoons plain flour
4 tablespoons water
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Place sieved flour into a large bowl with yeast, sugar, spices and fruit.
2. Melt the Flora with Butter in a small saucepan, add the milk and heat until lukewarm. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together to form a soft dough.
3. Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead until elastic and no longer sticky. Place back in the bowl, cover with lightly oiled cling wrap and leave in a warm place until doubled in size.
4. Shape into 12 buns buns (heart shapes optional!) and place them onto a greased baking sheet. Allow to rise for a further 20 minutes. Preheat oven 190°C.
5. To make the crosses: Blend the Flora with Butter with the flour and 4 tablespoons water to make a thick paste. Place mixture into a small ziplock bag and snip off 1 corner then pipe the mixture across the buns.
6. Pop them in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
7. To make the glaze: Gently warm the sugar and water together. Brush it over the buns, and pop them back into the oven for another 2 minutes.
8. Leave them to cool on a rack before serving spread with extra Flora with Butter.
Flora with Butter is now available in two variants; with Pinch of Sea Salt and Reduced Salt, from leading retailers including Coles and Woolworths, with an RRP of $4.29 per 400g tub.
For more information and recipes visit http://www.floraspread.com.au/
Spread the love on social media via #florawithbutter
2016 marks the year where the much loved Aussie brand Flora, enters into a new chapter of its proud and successful life in the Spreads market. This March, the long awaited union between Flora and butter is finally taking place, and boy, it is worth every minute of the wait!
Introducing new Flora with Butter; a delicious blend of rich, creamy butter with the goodness of Flora*. And with 40% less saturated fat than butter, Flora with Butter is the perfect choice for people who love the taste of butter, but want less saturated fat.
One of the most important elements about this launch is that Flora listened to a simple truth, that consumers wanted it all; the taste of butter, the spreadable nature of Flora, and with less saturated fat than butter. And Flora with Butter delivers on exactly that.
The campaign is brought to life through the adorable love story between Flora Girl and Butter Boy. Just as Flora Girl and Butter Boy fell in love and became a match made in heaven, Aussies are sure to fall in love with the product themselves, as it ticks every box for their everyday spreading needs.
Katja Thies, Marketing Director - Foods, says 'We are so proud and excited to see Flora with Butter launch into the Australian market. Not only does have a great butter taste, but we are able to offer consumers a product with the spreadability of Flora, and with 40% less saturated fat than butter. It's a win-win for Aussies!"
Flora with Butter can be enjoyed in so many ways; spread it on your toast or enjoy it on your hot cross buns this Easter – there are endless possibilities with Flora with Butter, the whole family is sure to love it.