Jamaica Blue Jamaica Blue have just launched a new menu, Lite Blue, which caters to the health and weight conscious consumer wanting something healthy yet full of flavour when they are out and about.
There are 10 items on the Lite Blue menu, each containing less than 10g of fat and less than 1500kj. With the warmer weather putting more pressure on us to look good now there is an even better way to enjoy all your favourite snacks, including wraps, pastas and even chocolate brownies (there are sweet and savoury options)!
Chicken, Bulghar Wheat & Cucumber Wrap Serves 5
5 Spinach flour tortillas
150g Chicken meat, shredded
100g Bulghar wheat (dry)
½ Red onion
¼ Bunch Flat-leaf parsley
1 Carrot, grated
1/8 Red Cabbage, finely shredded
½ Green Capsicum, sliced finely
10g Fresh mint
Black Pepper to season
1.Put Bulghar wheat into heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside 30 minutes until grains have swollen.
2. Finely grate lemon zest into Bulghar wheat, and then squeeze juice from lemon. Mix well, seasoning with black pepper.
3. Cut cucumber in half, scoop out the seeds and cut into small dice.
4. Cut tomatoes into quarters and cut into small dice.
5. Finely chop red onion, add carrot, cabbage, capsicum, parsley and mint and mix through Bulghar wheat
6. Fold shredded chicken through mix adding ½ of the Hummus
7. To assemble: spread each wrap with 1 tsp hummus, then top with Bulghar mix. Roll up to create the Wrap & display